Happy Hound Dog Park
I would like to welcome you to our newly opened Happy Hound Dog Park!
The Happy Hound private dog park is located at 2150 Dwyer Hill Road.
There are 110 acres of land with trails for you to come and walk your doggies on. We have a variety of 1 hr workshops along with trail memberships available beginning in May.
Come check us out & book your doggie tee-time for a complimentary trail walk! Bring some friends and enjoy some time together with your doggies. Book your tee-time by email Marcia@happyhound.ca or 613-253-5535.
Workshops available to choose from:
Come When Called
Follow, Focus on Me
Walking on Leash
Separation Anxiety & Chewing
Puppies – Come When Called
Puppies – Puppy Biting, Housetraining, Separation Anxiety, Chewing
Puppies – Walking on Leash & Greeting People
Puppies – Follow, Focus on Me
Puppies - Tricks
Puppies – Join our Puppy Social Play & Walk
Workshop Schedule for May 2014:
- Sat. May 3 @ 10:00am – Come When Called – FULL
- Wed. May 7 @ 6:00pm – Dependable Sit
- Sat. May 10 @ 10:00am – Follow, Focus on Me
- Tues. May 13 @ 6:00pm – Come When Called
- Wed. May 14 @ 6:00pm – Walking on Leash
- Sat. May 17 @ 10:00am – Separation Anxiety & Chewing
- Wed. May 21 @ 6:00pm - Scent Games
- Sat. May 24 @ 10:00am – Greeting People
- Wed. May 28 @ 6:00pm - Tricks
- Sat. May 3 @ 1:00pm – Biting, Housetraining, Separation, Chewing
- Thurs. May 8 @ 6:00pm – Puppy Social Play & Walk
- Sat. May 10 @ 1:00pm – Follow, Focus on Me
- Thurs. May 15 @ 6:00pm – Puppy Social Play & Walk
- Sat. May 17 @ 1:00pm – Walking on Leash & Greeting People
- Thurs. May 22 @ 6:00pm – Puppy Social Play & Walk
- Sat. May 24 @ 1:00pm – Tricks
- Thurs. May 29 @ 6:00pm – Come When Called
- Sat. May 31 @ 1:00pm – Puppy Social Play & Walk
Dog Park Trail Membership includes:
- Unlimited Tuesday to Saturday trail walks for 3 months
- Choose 2 workshops (all include trail walk)
- 15% off Happy Hound toys & treats
- 15% off Train & Board programs
- 15% off In-Your-Home training session
- 15% off additional specialty workshops
a. Essential Manners - Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Off, Jumping Up, Watch, Walking On & Off Leash, Fetch
b. Agility Basics – Come, Wait, Stay, Through, Over & Under
Dog Park Trail Memberships with 2 Workshops
Book before May 31, 2014 & receive a Come When Called workshop FREE! Your additional Come When Called workshop is available during your active membership.
Book your tee-time today by email Marcia@happyhound.ca or 613-253-5535.
Training Tips - Drop It!
As you may know, I have a new puppy Thor who is cute as a button yet still a puppy. He decided the other day to snag the toilet paper roll out of the basket and I told him to “Drop It” and he did. I praised him and he was so proud of himself. To teach your puppy or doggie to “Drop It” then try these steps:
- Get your doggie excited to play with a tug toy. When they are getting a little tired and drop the toy on their own then you can mark the behavior with “Yes” and give them a little treat.
- Then get them excited to play this new game again with them.
- Once your doggie is regularly letting go of the toy then you can add in the command “Drop it”.
- You are ready to start the Tug of War game with a squeakie toy, and after they start to get a little tired then tell them “Drop It” and place a yummy treat on their nose. As soon as they let go of the toy then reward them by breaking off small treats to give them along with lots of praise.
- Once they are dropping the toy on command then you can use higher value items such as socks, underwear, paper towels and toilet paper!
If you have any questions at all on these training tips then please send me an email at Marcia@happyhound.ca or give me a call 613-253-5535 and I will walk you through the process to help with your success.